Pages

Sunday 12 May 2013

I Miss...

Today, the challenge asks What do you miss? Thinking carefully about this, I miss a lot of things. So instead of concentrating on one big thing, I figured I'll run down a few things.

1. People...
I have only lost three people that I have loved. My great grandmother died when I was 13, my grandma died when I was 19, and my god mother died a couple of years ago. These three women all had a positive influence on my life in their own ways.

2. Chile
 While we're on the subject of people, my mum's half of the family live in Chile. So as you can imagine, I don't see them so often. We try and go as much as we can but it can be expensive to fly from the UK. They are the most loving and open family you could want and I miss them all the time. When we're there I cherish every moment with them because I never know when I'll be there again.

3. My dog...
As we now know from yesterday, dogs are my love. We had a border collie called Pisco and my parents had him just before I was born. Once I came along it was too much trouble so he went to my grandparents. But he remained my dog. He lived with them until he died 13 years later, and that will remain as one of the worst days of my life. 

And now for something a little bit happier...

3. Kids TV from back in the day...

Remember Count Duckula? Round the Twist? Rainbow The Odyssey (someone must remember this - not just me!)? Yeah, me too. Those were the days. Kids TV is just not the same as it used to be. Those catchy theme tunes, those wonderful characters you could relate to... Oh those were the days!

What do you miss?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments you lovely bunch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...