Pages

Thursday 6 June 2013

May Favourites

So here we are, it’s June. I mean, woah now 2013, don’t go too fast please! And the end of the month means it’s time for my May favourites. Just a small one for my first favourites post. I have four items that I have been loving over the past month! I just can’t get enough of them and I’m going to share them with you.

May Favourites


The first is the MUA Artiste Collection (available here for £6); I’ve never been a huge make up wearer, saving it for nights out or sunglasses days, so a multi-tasking pallet is a huge step for me! I’d originally been looking for a matte bronzer on a budget and came across this little beauty. I haven’t used all the shadows but I find Mocca (second from left) and Chocolate (second from the right) perfect for a daytime look. I have two issues though. One is that the bronzer/highligher/blushers are rather small so when you tap your brush in there it tends to go all over the place. The second is that, although it lasts for a while, it’s not crease proof. It’ll stay put for a while but by the end of the day it’s all bunched in the crease.

Keeping it in the MUA family, we have the MUA Power Pout in Rendezvous (available here for £3). My own review can be found here so I’m not going to go into too much depth. All I will say is that I LOVE IT!

I tend to keep my hair natural and curly in the day, so all I will do is diffuse it with some curly spray. However if I’m going out, I like to have a bit more volume and texture to it and I’ve found that the V05 Dry Texturising Spray (available at Boots for £3.49). I roughly straighten my hair and then spray this into the ends, scrunching and messing as I go. It doesn’t last all night on it’s own but a little hairspray helps it go a long way.

Finally is the Essie in Cute as a Button (available at Superdrug for £7.99) that I got with a recent Glossybox. This colour is adorable for Summer! It’s really a bright and beautiful. I’ve shied away from the brighter nail colours but this has changed my mind. Thanks Essie!

That’s all for now. What have you been loving in the month of May?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments you lovely bunch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...