Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2013

I’ve Got Your Number–Sophie Kinsella

I love reading. According to my mum I would read all the time and that has never changed. My bookshelf is ridiculously over packed and I always have at least 3 new books just waiting for me (on their own little shelf). Because of this I thought I might start the Book Club. I love to scour the internet for new books so this little series might help you in your hunt for a new read...

I've Got Your Number

Synopsis (Source):
Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier.  She is about to marry the ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her 'happy ever after' begins to fall apart.  Not only has she lost her engagement ring but in the panic that followed, she has now lost her phone. As she paces shakily round the hotel foyer she spots an abandoned phone in a bin. Finders keepers!  Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!

Well, perfect except the phone's owner, businessman Sam Roxton doesn't agree.  He wants his phone back and doesn't appreciate Poppy reading all his messages and wading into his personal life.  
What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other's lives through emails and text messages.  As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents... she soon realises that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.


My Thoughts:
Amongst my favourite authors is the wonderful Sophie Kinsella. She wrote the Shopaholic book series and I have read and loved all of her books. I know that with her books I can’t go wrong. I love a rom-com type of book and hers are just perfect. So when I saw I’ve Got Your Number (available here) was available to pre-order I was all over that like a rash!

This wasn’t my favourite of Kinsella’s books, however I thoroughly enjoyed it. I really felt that I could sympathise with Poppy and what she was going through; you can’t help but root for her and a happy ending. The rest of the characters are well written too, you can tell that Kinsella really develops her characters and thinks carefully (I especially liked the overachieving in-laws and the hilarious best friends).

It’s hard to put this book down once you've been catapulted into Poppy’s world! If you’re looking for a light summer read for holidays then this is perfect.

My Next Book: Billy and Me – Giovanna Fletcher

If you have any suggestions for new books to read, leave me a comment below; I'm always looking for new books and authors to sink my teeth into!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments you lovely bunch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...