Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Glastonbury Haul

The time has come for my favourite trip... Glastonbury Festival! This is what I live for in the Summer; I love everything about it (yes, even the five days with no shower) and I cannot wait. I'm heading down today straight after school and will arrive on site at 10pm, but luckily everyone else went this morning so my bag went with them. They'll also put my tent up for me... What darlings!

Last Sunday I did my essentials shop so I've put everything in a post for you. If you're off to a festival this might help you remember what you need!


First we have the Primark Canvas Backpack and it was £9.50. I've never been a backpack person but I really like the pattern and I think the size will be perfect for lugging around my supplies for the day. Whilst in Primark I also picked up some Over the Knee Socks to wear under my wellies and these were £2.50.

The next few travel sized items I got on a 3 for £3 deal currently at Superdrug (how handy!). The Original Source Shower Gel Tea Tree & Mint, TRESemme Naturals Moisture Shampoo, and the TRESemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner are a perfect size for five days away. As I'm travelling by train I get a Green Travelers lanyard which means I can use the showers, although I'm not sure what to expect from them. I also got the Colgate Travel Toothbrush (love that it folds up), TRESemme Superior Hold Hairspray (not sure I actually need this now I think about it), and the Simple Kind to Skin Moisturising Facial Wash (a girl needs to wash her face).

Superdrug actually proved really handy for my festival shops as they have loads of deals at the moment. I picked up some Piriteze Allergy Tablets for £2.29 as these are always handy (last time, we had an emergency hay fever episode so we are prepared this time!). I stocked up on some Dove Compressed Pomegranate Deodorant for £1.92, Johnson's Baby Wipes for £1.79, Be Zingy Wet Ones Wipes for 99p, and some Superdrug Antibacterial Hand Gel for 99p. With all this I will keep clean! Finally I bought some of the new Maybelline Color Show Polka Dot Nails in Speckled Pink and Rainforest Canopy. These aren't necessary for the festival but it provided a nice excuse for new nail varnish. I absolutely love the look of these and I can't wait to try them out. I'll let you know my verdict... 

I found a Camp Shower from Tiger and was only £5. I really hate the way my hair feels after a few days of no washing so I like to just spruce it up with a quick shampoo and condition half way through. At this price I don't have high hopes but let's see how it goes!

I also bought a Roll Up Water Carrier from Cotswold and this was £7 (available here). We like to have water at the campsite and this makes sure that we don't have to go anywhere for it.

Finally is the Portable Power Supply for my iPhone. I'm not sure how this will work but I thought I'd give it a go. I'll take a festival phone (my trusty old Nokia) in case it doesn't keep my phone alive for the whole weekend but why not give it a go!

Total spent: £46.16. Not too bad as I set myself a budget of £50. 

Are any of you off to Glastonbury? Or any other festivals? What do you consider to be essential?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments you lovely bunch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...