Pages

Wednesday 7 August 2013

July Favourites

Can you believe it? July has come and gone and we’re already a week into August. I’d love to use my superpower to slow down the summer because I’m enjoying the holidays way too much! Especially because a week today I will be arriving in Thailand for two weeks and I’m SO EXCITED!

The end of the month means it’s time for my July favourites... Sidenote: Excuse the blurry-ness of the pictures; my camera was running out of battery really quickly so it was a quick photo session!


BEAUTY

007

I am absolutely in love with Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 107 (available here). It’s a rich wine shade and it looks really nice with a natural face. At first I thought they’d be super-drying but it’s just right (although it does start to feel dryer as the day goes on. he pigmentation is amazing, and it just has great staying power (trust me – I spend most of the night saying “Is my lipstick still there?”). I enjoy this lipstick very much, go forth and love it too!

107

I very rarely wear make up in the day so I always carry a lip balm around with me. Currently I’m using the Blistex Raspberry Lipstick Blast (available here). It’s so creamy and it keeps my lips smooth all day. It smells and tastes absolutely delightful.

These Sleek Blushes are just delightful. On the left is Rose Gold and the right in Pomegranate. Rose Gold blush is perfect as it leaves a nice amount of shimmer with a touch of pink in it. Pomegranate is a rich berry colour with a slight shimmer in it. Both of these blushes are really pigmented so no need to use a lot which makes them great value for money!

008

I’ve always been a sufferer of those pesky bags under the eyes so I recently started using Botanics All Bright Refreshing Eye Roll On (available here). I’ve been using this for around 4 weeks now twice a day and it really has helped reduced the bags under my eyes. It definitely has made me feel more comfortable with my eye area.

Finally, we have Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Lychee and Rimmel Salon Pro in Punk Rock. I’m always all about nail varnish and like to change it up all the time, and these are my current go-to shades. The Barry M polish is a lovely nude shade that is perfect for summer, while the Rimmel shade is a wonderful purple with a slight greyish tone. Stay tuned for a nail tutorial with these two colours coming on Friday.


FASHION

I’ve never done any fashion on this blog, but I needed to share this gorgeous purple lace skater dress from Matalan (available here). I wore this to a wedding last Sunday and it was so comfortable and just the right amount of dressy. I'm not a fan of my thighs, but these skim my legs in just the right area so they don't look huge. I have three more weddings over the next couple of months so this is great to recycle for another one.

003

I also am not a jewellery person at all, but I am loving these skinny rings at the moment. The group on the left are from Primark (part of a multi-pack) and the others on the right are from New Look (part of a multi-pack). These rings are so versitile; they fit into a casual outfit perfectly (I teamed a few with a white t-shirt and green jeans today), and look fabulous with a more dressy outfit.

010


AND THE REST

Firstly, I need to share my birthday present from my two good friends. One of them works at Magic FM so he gets to meet all the big names. And he got me two mugs from work. They’re not just normal mugs, they have been signed; the first by ALL OF THE BACKSTREET BOYS and the second by MARK OWEN!!! That’s right, wonderful Mark Owen of Take That (and yes, that does say "To Sarah with love Mark Owen"!). . I actually wept when I opened it. I’m such a mess!

988693_10151719245112092_1213792920_n

If you don’t know, I’m a huge fan of Mumford & Songs and I absolutely love the new video for Hopeless Wanderer. It’s fantastic. So much that I’ve watched it five times today, and Facebooked it to my boyfriend so he can enjoy it at work. The boys have made a parody video using the talents of Jason Sudeikis, Ed Helms, Will Forte and Jason Bateman. Watch and love guys.


I’ve also been loving my new tv and unit that we got last week. My auntie had this 50 inch television, but that wasn’t big enough so she upgraded to a 60 inch. And guess who got the last one – that’s right, us! We, of course, had to get a new unit for this television so a trip to IKEA happened. And the above is what we came back with. The unit is the BORGSJÖ tv unit in white (available here) and we got two Lekman boxes in red (available here) to keep bits and bobs in. And there's a lovely reflection of my living room in the tv for you...

002

And that’s everything I’ve been loving in the month of July. Here’s to August!

2 comments:

  1. Love that dress! Your friends are awesome for the coffee mugs idea! And the new mumford and sons videos is great! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'd text me when Mark Owen in the studio so I knew he'd been in, but I didn't know they'd got mugs signed. Everyone kept it a secret for 2 months! And yeah, the dress is great and do comfy :) x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments you lovely bunch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...